Roman curtains - one of the popular options for decorating windows. Made of thick or translucent fabric, they fit perfectly into the interior. Such curtains will serve as a reliable protection from the sun's rays in the summer and will not become an obstacle to the distribution of warm air during the heating season. Thanks to the different mounting and assembly options, they look spectacular in the bedroom and in the kitchen, in the children's room or in the living room. The design of the curtain allows you to collect it in seconds at the top or, on the contrary, protect yourself from bright light and prying eyes. With seeming difficulty, it will not be difficult to sew Roman blinds on your own. Having understood the design features, you can do with improvised materials. As a result, you can get designer curtains without overpayments.
Roman curtains may have different mounting options. They can go down directly on the glass window and attached directly to the frame or top of the window opening.
This option allows you to attach if you want to add curtains curtains, pelmets or combine them with ordinary curtains in the case when the windows are located in close proximity to each other.
You can arrange the Roman blinds and so that they cover not only the window, but also the opening.
Curtains can consist of one or several canvases.
For self-tailoring Roman blinds may need:
- main canvas;
- the level replacing eaves;
- tape for fixing weighting;
- cord for assembly in sufficient quantity (not less than 3 lengths and 1 width of the curtain);
- plastic or metal rings with a diameter of about 1 cm (at the rate of 2 ringlets on 1 fold);
- a thin rod or slats for weighting according to the number of additions on the curtain (the length of each of the rods does not exceed the width of the curtain);
- round loops with a screwdriver for fixing the curtains and assembling the mechanism.
The essence of the assembly lies in the presence of curtains of the ringlets on each side and on top, through which the cord is passed, ensuring smooth lowering and raising of the canvas. At the side of the window you will need to make an inconspicuous clamp for the cord so that you can fix the curtains in the selected position.
In more detail about tailoring and assembly of the Roman curtains in video: